Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers are among the most popular choices for homeowners looking for reliable and efficient lawn care.
Their mowers are designed to be durable, powerful, and easy to maintain, making them a great choice for anyone looking to keep their lawn looking its best. But are Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers good, actually?
In this in-depth review, we’ll look at the features, benefits, and drawbacks of Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers, giving you the information you need to decide when to choose the right mower for your needs.
Are Briggs And Stratton Lawn Mowers Good?
Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers are among the most popular on the market and for a good reason. They come in various models to suit different needs, from small push mowers for residential use to larger, more powerful ride-on mowers for commercial use.
The company has a long history of manufacturing quality products and offers many features and benefits, making them an ideal choice for many people. The most popular models of Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers are push mowers.
These mowers are designed to be easy to use and require minimal maintenance. They come in various sizes, from small, lightweight models for residential use to larger, more powerful models for commercial use.
The smaller models are ideal for smaller yards and gardens, while the larger models can handle larger areas. Briggs and Stratton also offer a range of accessories for the mowers, such as grass catchers, mulching kits, and snow blades.
Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers are known for their durability and reliability. The engines are designed to be long-lasting and reliable, and a two-year warranty backs the mowers.
The company also offers a wide range of replacement parts, which can be easily replaced if something breaks or wears out. They also provide regular maintenance and repair services, so you can keep your mower running at its best.
The company also offers several different models of ride-on mowers. These mowers are ideal for larger yards and gardens and are designed to make mowing easier and more efficient. The ride-on mowers have many features, such as adjustable cutting heights, power steering, headlights, and cruise control.
Overview Of Briggs And Stratton Lawn Mowers
Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers are among the most popular and reliable. They offer many models and features to suit any homeowner’s needs.
The engines that power these mowers are incredibly reliable and known for being easy to maintain. Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers also come with various accessories, such as mulching kits, grass catchers, and baggers, to make lawn care tasks easier.
Briggs and Stratton recommend their SAE 30 oil for lawn mowers. This oil protects the engine from wear and tear and helps keep the engine running smoothly and efficiently.
The oil should be changed every 50 hours of use, or once a season, to ensure optimal performance. It is important to use the correct oil to prevent any damage to the engine.
In addition to the oil, it is important to ensure the air filter is clean. This helps to prevent dirt and debris from getting into the engine and causing damage.
Briggs and Stratton also recommend replacing the spark plug every 100 hours or once a season. This will help to ensure that the engine is running efficiently and that there is no excessive wear on the spark plug.
Types Of Briggs And Stratton Lawn Mowers
Briggs and Stratton offer a wide range of lawn mowers to meet the needs of various users. When choosing the right lawn mower, the choices can seem endless. Here are some of the most popular types of Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers:
- Push Mowers: These are ideal for small to medium-sized lawns and require the user to push the machine manually.
- Self-Propelled Mowers: These mowers are designed with a drive system that helps propel the machine forward, eliminating the need for manual pushing.
- Riding Mowers: These are designed for larger lawns and feature a seat for the user to sit on while operating the mower.
- Zero-Turn Mowers: These mowers offer tight turning capabilities and are ideal for larger lawns with obstacles or uneven terrain.
- Electric Mowers: These are powered by electricity and are a great option for those who want an eco-friendly alternative to gas-powered mowers.
Common Features Of Briggs And Stratton Lawn Mowers
There are several common features that you can expect to find in Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers, including:
- High-performance engines: Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers have powerful engines that provide reliable and efficient performance.
- Easy start system: Most models feature an easy start system that makes it simple to start the mower with minimal effort.
- Durable construction: Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers are built to last, with strong and durable materials that can withstand frequent use.
- Adjustable height settings: Most models come with adjustable height settings, allowing you to customize the cutting height based on your preferences and the condition of your lawn.
- Multiple cutting options: Many Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers offer multiple cutting options, including bagging, mulching, and side discharge, giving you greater flexibility in lawn care.
Price Range Of Briggs And Stratton Lawn Mowers
Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers come in various models and price ranges, so there will surely be a model that fits every budget. Briggs and Stratton have an option for everyone, from basic push mowers to top-of-the-line riding mowers.
At the lower end of the price spectrum, Briggs and Stratton offer a variety of push mowers that start at around $100. These mowers are perfect for smaller yards and are easy to maneuver and maintain. For those with larger yards, Briggs and Stratton also have a line of self-propelled mowers that range in price from $200 to $400. These mowers are more powerful and can handle tougher terrain.
For those who want the ultimate lawn care, Briggs and Stratton also has a range of riding mowers. Depending on the model and features, these mowers range in price from $500 to $3000. These mowers offer superior power and maneuverability and can mow large yards quickly and efficiently.
No matter what your budget is, Briggs and Stratton have a lawn mower that will fit it. From basic push mowers to powerful riding mowers, Briggs and Stratton offer a wide range of mowers to suit any budget. Their mowers are reliable, efficient, and easy to maintain, making them a great choice for homeowners who want a quality mower at an affordable price.
Benefits Of Briggs And Stratton Lawn Mowers
For a good reason, Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers are among some of the best on the market. There are many benefits to using Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers for your lawn care needs. Here are a few key advantages:
- Reliability: Briggs and Stratton’s engines are known for their reliability and dependability. This means you can trust that your lawn mower will start up easily and run smoothly, even after extended storage periods.
- Power: Briggs and Stratton’s engines are designed to provide powerful performance, allowing you to quickly and efficiently mow your lawn.
- Durability: Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers are built to last, with durable construction and high-quality materials that can withstand frequent use and exposure to the elements.
- Easy maintenance: These lawn mowers are designed with easy maintenance in mind, with features like toolless air filter access and no oil changes required on select models.
- Versatility: Briggs and Stratton offer various lawn mower models to suit different needs and preferences, from push mowers to riding mowers and everything in between. This allows you to choose the right mower for your lawn care needs.
Common Problems With Briggs And Stratton Lawn Mowers
Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers are known for their affordability and dependability, but they have some common problems. Here are some of the most common issues you may encounter and how to solve them:
- Engine problems: The engine may have trouble starting or stalling while mowing. Check the fuel and air filters, spark plugs, and carburetor for issues. You may need to clean or replace these parts.
- Blade problems: The blade may become dull or damaged, resulting in an uneven cut. Sharpen or replace the blade as needed.
- Fuel problems: If the mower is running poorly or won’t start, the fuel may be contaminated, or the tank may not be venting properly. Check the fuel and tank for issues and clean or replace them.
- Electrical problems: Issues with the electrical system, such as a dead battery or faulty wiring, can cause the mower to stop working. Check the battery and wiring for issues and repair or replace them.
Regular maintenance and proper use of Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers can help prevent these common problems. If you’re unsure how to diagnose or fix an issue, consult the owner’s manual or a professional.
Tips For Maintaining A Briggs And Stratton Lawn Mower
Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers are known for their reliability and affordability, but like any other lawn mower, they require regular maintenance to keep them running in peak condition. Here are a few tips for maintaining your Briggs and Stratton lawn mower:
- Regularly check and change the oil: This is critical for the engine’s longevity. You can find the recommended oil type and capacity in the owner’s manual.
- Clean or replace the air filter: Debris and dirt can clog the air filter, reducing engine performance. Clean or replace it every 25 hours of use or each season.
- Inspect and tighten bolts and fasteners: Inspect the bolts, nuts, and screws on the mower regularly and tighten them if necessary.
- Keep the blades sharp: Dull blades can damage the grass and reduce engine performance. Sharpen the blades at least once a year or when you notice they are not cutting properly.
- Store the mower properly: Store your lawn in a dry location and cover it to protect it from dust and debris.
- Check the spark plug: The spark plug ignites the fuel in the engine, and if it is dirty or damaged, it can lead to engine problems. Check and clean or replace the spark plug according to the manual’s recommendation.
How To Choose The Right Briggs And Stratton Lawn Mower?
Choosing the right Briggs and Stratton lawn mower for your needs can be difficult. There are a variety of models, features, and prices to choose from.
It is important to consider your budget, lawn size, terrain, and mowing needs to make it easier to decide which mower is best for you. Here are some things to consider when making your selection:
- Lawn size: The size of your lawn is a critical factor when choosing a lawn mower. Larger lawns require more powerful mowers, while smaller lawns can be easily maintained with a less powerful machine.
- Cutting height: The mower’s cutting height is an essential factor to consider, as it affects the overall look of your lawn. You’ll need a mower with an adjustable cutting height if you prefer a shorter cut.
- Power source: Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers come in various power sources, including gas, electric, and battery-powered. Choose a power source that fits your needs and preferences.
- Budget: Lawn mowers come in different price ranges, so choosing one that fits your budget is important. Consider the features you need and prioritize them based on your budget.
- Features: Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers have different features, such as self-propulsion, mulching, bagging, and more. Choose the most important features for you and your lawn care needs.
Best Briggs And Stratton Lawn Mower Models
It depends on your specific needs and preferences, but here are a few of the top-ranked Briggs and Stratton lawn mower models based on customer reviews and ratings:
- Briggs and Stratton 163cc 725EXi Series Engine: This powerful engine is featured on several models, including the Craftsman M275 and the Husqvarna LC121P.
- Briggs and Stratton 140cc 550ex Series Engine: This engine is a great option for small to medium-sized lawns and is featured on models like the Snapper XD 82V MAX and the Craftsman M105.
- Briggs and Stratton 190cc 675exi Series Engine: This high-performance engine is found on models like the Craftsman 12AVU2V2791 and the Yard Machines 159cc 21-Inch self-propelled mower.
- Briggs and Stratton Professional Series Engines: These engines are featured on commercial-grade mowers like the Ferris ISX800 Zero Turn mower and offer unbeatable power and durability.
Overall, Briggs and Stratton are known for producing reliable, high-quality lawn mower engines, so you can’t go wrong with their models.
Briggs And Stratton Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
The Briggs and Stratton self-propelled lawn mower is popular among homeowners for its powerful engine and reliable performance. The mower features a 163cc Briggs and Stratton engine designed to provide efficient and consistent power for cutting even the toughest grass.
The self-propelled feature makes maneuvering the mower through thick grass and uphill terrain easier without exerting too much physical effort. Additionally, the mower has a large cutting deck and adjustable cutting height, enabling you to tailor your lawn’s appearance to your liking.
Overall, the Briggs and Stratton self-propelled lawn mower is a great investment for anyone looking for a quality, dependable mower to handle their lawn care needs.
Alternatives To Briggs And Stratton Lawn Mowers
Regarding lawn mowers, there is no denying that Briggs and Stratton are a reliable and trusted brand. They have been around for decades and offer various mowers to suit different needs and budgets. However, they are not the only option for finding a good lawn mower. There are several great alternatives to consider before making a purchase.
One of the most popular alternatives to Briggs and Stratton mowers is Honda. Honda makes a range of mowers designed for commercial and residential use. They are known for their robustness, durability, and quality of cut, making them a great choice for anyone looking for a reliable mower.
Honda mowers come in a range of sizes, from small push-mowers to large commercial models, so there is sure to be something that fits your needs. They also typically offer a longer warranty than most other mower brands, making them a great option for those who want to ensure they are covered in case of any issues.
Another great alternative to Briggs and Stratton mowers is Toro. Toro mowers are renowned for their performance, reliability, and ease of use. They come in a range of sizes and styles and feature a variety of features that make them suitable for residential and commercial use.
They also offer a range of innovative features, such as an electric start, variable speed control, and an adjustable cutting height, making them a great choice for those who want to get the most out of their mower.
Finally, Craftsman is another great option for a reliable lawn mower. Craftsman mowers are designed to be user-friendly and offer a range of features to make them suitable for use in various situations. They are known for their ruggedness, performance, and durability, making them a great choice for anyone looking for a reliable and powerful mower.
In conclusion, Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers are a great choice for the everyday gardener. They are reliable and easy to use, and they come in various models to suit many different needs. They offer great value for money, with some models lasting many years with minimal maintenance. They are also very affordable and can be bought at most home and garden stores. With the right care, Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers can provide reliable and quality performance for many years.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers good?
Yes, Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers are good quality products. They are well-known for their reliable engines and durable designs. They offer a variety of models to choose from, and their customer service is top-notch. Customers have consistently rated their products highly, so they are worth considering if you need a new lawn mower.
Is Briggs and Stratton a good brand?
Yes, Briggs and Stratton is a well-known and respected brand of engines and power equipment. They have been in business for over 100 years and have a long record of making reliable and durable products. Additionally, they offer a wide range of high-quality products and accessories for most types of engines and power equipment.
How long do Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers last?
Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers typically last up to 10 years with proper maintenance and regular tune-ups. However, a well-maintained lawn mower can last up to 15 years.
What brand of lawn mower is the most reliable?
It is difficult to say which brand of lawn mower is the most reliable, as it depends on various factors, such as how often the mower is used and how well it is maintained. Some of the top-rated brands of lawn mowers include Honda, Toro, Cub Cadet, and Husqvarna.
What type of warranty do Briggs and Stratton offer on their lawn mowers?
Briggs and Stratton offer a two-year limited warranty on their lawn mowers. This warranty covers parts and labor to repair or replace any part of the mower that is found to be defective in materials or workmanship. Customers must register their mower with Briggs and Stratton to receive this warranty coverage.
How do I know which Briggs and Stratton lawn mower is right for my needs?
The best way to determine which Briggs and Stratton lawn mower is right for your needs is to assess the size and type of your lawn. Consider factors such as the size and shape of your lawn, the terrain, the amount of grass you have to cut, and the time you have to maintain the lawn. Once you know your needs, you can research the different types of Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers available and find the one best suited.
What types of maintenance do Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers require?
Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers require regular maintenance such as changing the oil, cleaning or replacing the air filter, spark plug replacement, sharpening or replacing the blade, cleaning the deck, and checking and tightening any loose nuts, bolts, and screws. In addition, it is important to perform regular visual inspections of the mower to ensure all parts function correctly.
Are Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers compatible with other attachments?
Yes, Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers are compatible with other attachments, such as snow blowers, aerators, and sweepers.